27 September 2008

How Many Eggs?


Anyone remember how many eggs were eaten by Cool Hand Luke in 1967?

RIP, Paul Newman
JAN 26, 1925 - SEP 26, 2008

I've never tried to get close to celebrities; to get their autographs or anything like that. What's wrong with me? Nothing. At the age of 12, I stood in the sun, leaning against a chain-link fence at Laguna Seca at turns numbered 8 and 8A to watch the cars nearly crash each time they squealed through the corkscrew.

I returned to where my father was standing in the shade of an oak tree and he asked me increduously, "Didn't you hear me yelling at you? You were standing next to Paul Newman!"

"Dad", I said, "Paul Newman was standing next to me."

If you're aware of how he disliked celebrity and how private he was, you might guess that he would have agreed.

1 Comments:

Blogger jw said...

what we have here is a failure to communicate!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home